Coverage A – Liability:
- Up to $1,000,000 per insured, per occurrence /$3,000,000 per occurrence, plus defense costs and legal fees.
- Under Coverage A, you must immediately notify TEPSA or the insurance company when you are sued in your professional capacity.
Coverage B – Reimbursement of Attorney Fees:
- Protection for actions such as dismissal, tenure, salary, leave of absence, assignment, resignation or other professional rights, duties and responsibilities, arising within the scope of employment. Up to $1,000 attorney fee reimbursement is available regardless of outcome/up to $20,000 if you prevail. For actions at the school board level involving dismissal, nonrenewal or termination of a non-probationary employee.
- Up to $5,000 attorney fee reimbursement is available without regard to outcome/up to $20,000 if you prevail.
- Certification or Licensure – covers a TEA or SBEC certification investigation or sanction proceeding.
- Up to $1,000 attorney fee reimbursement is available without regard to outcome/up to $20,000 if you prevail.
- Criminal claims – reimbursement of attorney fees for a criminal action or proceeding against the insured, including an investigation of the insured by a law enforcement authority or agency, arising out of activities of the insured in his/her professional capacity.
- Up to $20,000 attorney fee reimbursement, regardless of outcome.*
- Civil rights violations if not covered under A
- Up to $20,000 attorney fee reimbursement, regardless of outcome.
- Sexual Misconduct
- Up to $25,000 attorney fee reimbursement, regardless of outcome.*
* $25,000 aggregate per insured for all claims under Criminal, Sexual Misconduct, or Criminal and Sexual Misconduct combined
Benefits may be assigned to the attorney of your choice after membership and coverage are verified. The Company will then pay the attorney directly.
Coverage C – Bail Bonds:
- Up to $1,000 premium for bail bonds.
Coverage is subject to the terms, conditions, and exclusions stated in the master policy kept on file at the state TEPSA office and is available for review by request. The Educators Professional Liability Insurance Policy is underwritten by a carrier rated A+ XV (Superior) by A.M. Best.
This brief description of the policy is to provide information only to members and in no way alters or modifies the policy on file with the Association.
The John A. Barclay Agency, Inc
PO Box 2274
Austin, TX 78768
Claims – John A. Barclay, III
Supervising General Agent
Myron F. Steves & Company
PO Box 4479
Houston, TX 77210
Underwritten by Carrier Rated A+XV Superior by AM Best