General Program Information
Current TEPSA Region Assistant Principals of the Year are
eligible to apply for the National Assistant Principal of the Year
Award, a recognition program produced in partnership with the National
Association of Elementary School Principals (NAESP). Horace Mann
supports the Texas award.
- Current TEPSA Region Assistant Principal of the Year.
- TEPSA member for at least two years.
- Active assistant principal for at least two years including at the time of nomination.
- Respected by students, colleagues, parents, and the community at-large.
- Show strong educational leadership by setting high expectations for school staff and students.
- Exhibit exceptional leadership in a particular school program
and/or is heavily involved in finding a solution to a problem faced by
- School must be committed to excellence through programs designed to meet the academic and social needs of all students.
- School must have firmly established community ties with parents and local business organizations.
2016 National Assistant Principal of the Year for Texas
Ryan Bender, Van Middle School, Van ISD
Past National Assistant Principals of the Year for Texas
- 2015 - Heather Metzgar, Midway ISD
- 2014 - Lorena Zertuche, Katy ISD
- 2013 - Lindsey Lesniewski, Pasadena ISD
- 2012 - Sky Tucker, Levelland ISD
Learn more about the Region Assistant Principal of the Year Award.